The Process of Angst: A Writer's Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update #15

#1 The Lonely Light (working title)
Type: original fantasy novel
Progress: dusted off and being proofread
Thoughts: I'm hoping that proofreading each part up to the point where more needs to be added will help get me back in the groove of the story. Part 2 is missing large swatches of story, so I'll have to insert scenes as I go along. Phyllis is very well represented as a character, but the rest need more page time. There definitely needs to be more dialog between the pack to establish the dynamics of their relationships with each other.
Likes: the way Isaiah and Phyllis relate to each other, the fact that I'm able to trim the angsty bits so that they're actually useful rather than being angst for angst's sake
Dislikes: The way I feel like I'm looking at my own characters through a window rather than living their lives along with them during the early bits of part 2. If I feel shut out, readers will feel the same way.

#2 Everything else
Progress: on hold due to other hobbies and generally bad time management

Quote of the Moment: "Remember, people who live in glass houses get embarrassed a lot!" ~ Garfield & Friends, "The Feline Philosopher"

1 Comments:

  • Keep at it! The journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step...

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home