The Process of Angst: A Writer's Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Update #11

Current Projects

#1 I must confess, I wrote another Desmond fic.

Psyche

More angst/mental drama, and a somewhat stream-of-consciousness style, based on the first ten or so episodes of season 3 of Lost.

#2 The Lonely Light (working title)
Type: original fantasy novel
Progress: about 3,000 more words than last time in two different parts of part two
Thoughts: I'm worried about the parts I'm working on suddenly drying up on me. One of the two already has, but I expected that. The other...it's coming along, but slowly. I need to be more diligent!
Likes: Tristan. I never expected how big a part he'd play in the novel, but he gets more and more interesting every time he shows up.
Dislikes: Part one. It needs to be written, but I'm really not sure how to make it all fit, or how to handle the ending so it isn't too depressing.

#2 "Aftermath" (sequel to "Colors of Grief")
Type: Harry Potter fanfiction, AU after the final battle with Voldemort
Progress: chapter 2 posted, chapter 3 in the works
Thoughts: What in the world was I thinking?? Haha.
Likes: Aidan, Hermione and Neville, the impending TOTAL CONFUSION for the Wintertons
Dislikes: This is turning out to be a lot longer than I thought it would be. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, I have to wonder if the quality will stay consistent the whole length of the story. I find myself struggling to make certain plot points last over the course of what has yet to be written.

Quote of the Moment: "A plane fell out of the sky, Mikhail. Of course we saw it." ~ Ben, Lost, "One of Us"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home