The Process of Angst: A Writer's Blog

Monday, October 08, 2007

Update #14

Current Projects

#1 "Aftermath" (sequel to "Colors of Grief")
Type: Harry Potter fanfiction, AU after the final battle with Voldemort
Progress: done
Thoughts: I like how the story ended up turning out. I think I'm done with Aidan as a character, but it was nice to develop his personality and identity in this story, and fun to have him interact with the Order on a more adult level.
Likes: Aidan, Ainsley, Remus & Tonks
Dislikes: How freakin' long fanfic seems to take to write.

#2 The Lonely Light (working title)
Type: original fantasy novel
Progress: was moving along, but is back on hold now
Thoughts: I have no excuse whatsoever for why this has come to a screeching halt yet again. It's my own fault for not making time for it. I don't want to cop out on it, but I'm starting to feel like it would be better to put this on the back burner and work on something else for a while.
Likes: Phyllis, Isaiah, Caeville
Dislikes: The way this is dragging. I have so many ideas that I know can work for this book, but somehow they're not making it out of my head an onto the paper. I'm stuck in all the boring, in-between bits, and the story isn't materializing.

#3 The Alternate HP7 Project
Type: book-length Harry Potter fanfiction that will eventually result in an alternate ending for the series
Progress: prologue & chapter 1 in the works
Thoughts: Slow-moving, but worth it. I'm liking where the story is leading me right now, and I've had some ideas for future chapters that I think will make this turn out how I've been envisioning it. Chapter 2 will be passed along to someone else to write, but I may be stubborn and want it back for chapter 3.
Likes: Remus freakin' Lupin. The man deserves page time, and he's getting it.
Dislikes: Harry. The necessity of his presence is going to be a continual stumbling block for me throughout this project. I can't stand him as a character; he's self-centered, selfish, clueless, and spoiled. I have some ideas on how to work with that and possibly give him a chance at redemption. I'm also hoping that the fact the story is going to have multiple writers will make it a bit easier to deal with things, since we don't all have the same dislikes of the HP universe.

Quote of the Moment: "Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set?" ~ Sirius Black, to Snape

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home